Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dad murders family

An Oregon man is believed to have brutally stabbed his wife and four children to death before setting fire to their house on Monday.  At 9:30 am firefighters responded to the house fire and rescued a woman,
Tabasha Paige-Criado 30, and her four children.  Three sons, ages, 5, 6, and 7, and her 2-year-old daughter were pulled from their Medford, one-story home.
When they were pulled from the house, responders saw what appeared to be stab wounds on the family.
All five were pronounced dead at the hospital.
"The front yard looked like it was a plane crash or something, the people working on those folks," said Medford police Chief Tim George.
"There were some heroic efforts on the part of police and fire personnel. My understanding is they were actually able to get a pulse on two of those children at the scene, but they eventually succumbed."

The woman's husband, Jordan Adam Criado, 51, suffered smoke inhalation but is expected to survive. Authorities said they believe he killed his family but did not immediately charge him.  Criado is sedated and in stable condition after surviving the blaze.
A motive was unclear.
Before the fire began, Criado called cops to report his wife was missing, the Medford Mail Tribune reported.
Officers found the woman a few blocks away at a convenience store and escorted her home.
"They both met and conversed," George said of the couple. "What happened between 7:30 and 9:30 in roughly a two-hour time span is what we are trying to figure out right now. More than a man of interest but I won't go as far as calling him a suspect but that will more than likely change."
About two weeks ago, Criado and his wife could be heard arguing loudly late at night, said Chris Bennett, 23, an Oregon National Guard infantryman who lives three doors down.

"He just bluntly told her, 'Hey, you need to calm down, the kids are asleep,'" Bennett said.

"It was always her yelling," said Bennett's fiance, Shilo Croswell, 22. "Anytime we saw him it was just him and the kids. Then we saw this woman. She kept asking him who we were, and he was not responding because he was talking to us."

Investigators were getting a new search warrant before going back into the house Tuesday to gather more evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment