Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The 911 call....

 The following are the notes I have taken from the first half of the trial:


#1 Anthony family attorney argued that Lee Anthony is next-of-kin because he is the victim's uncle. Lee Anthony was excluded from rule of sequestration. He has been deposed and there was no reason for him not to be present. Will his presence change ambiance? Defense claims that George Anthony's abuse made her the way she is. Judge may exclude those questions about Lee's possible molestation. Defense may attack him about possible computer searches he may have done.

#2 Judge did check George Anthony's deposition and found no inconsistencies between that and his testimony on trial.

#3 As Cindy walks in, she did not look at Casey. Casey does keep glancing over @ Cindy as jury enters courtroom. Prosecution mentioned possible motive. Casey jealous of Cindy because  Cindy made her feel she was unfit as a mother.

My Space page: Casey felt betrayed. Felt attacked. Caylee was "missing" from Cindy's heart. Cindy felt betrayed. Casey was not punishing Cindy by taking her away, she just needed space and needed to work things out. Cindy realized she was being selfish. Casey made it seem like she was pursuing a relationship, so Cindy stopped questioning any further. Just kept texting to make sure everything was ok. But never spoke to Caylee. She was napping or at "various places"

Picking the car up: Called Casey and told her that she had alot of explaining to do. She needed to be home ," to talk this out."
"I was close to the car, when George came around" Did not detect odor.
Starts getting emotional as she explains what she smelled. "I said it smelled like something had died in the car." Opened trunk , hood, and battery of car was taken out in case Casey returned, she would not leave with it.

Caylee's favorite doll was in car seat. Her backpack was in trunk of car. Backpack included toothbrush and diapers. Things she would have needed if she was in somebody's care.  She took them out of car as well as Casey's purse.
 "Caylee's doll smelled like the car" She wiped the face and arms with Clorox wipes and Febrezed the soft body and used a whole bottle of Febreze on the car. "The smell of the car was something i never... It was pretty extreme."
She mentioned she has smelled rotting flesh in her job as a nurse.

Cindy almost mentioned the fact that there was a steak knife and was stopped by prosecution. Defense called sidebar. Jury was instructed to disregard statement made by Cindy mentioning "One of my steak knives"
Cindy got emotional when shown picture of Caylee's doll, Casey shows no emotion. Is that normal that a mother does not get emotional at seeing her deceased child's favorite doll?

Yellow envelope inside Casey's work purse contained Amy Huizenga's resume. Umm...why? Assume her life (remember check fraud)
Cindy told coworkers: "It smelled like something died in the car" "It was a figure of speech"

THE 911 CALL: Cindy starts getting nervous and starts taking deep breaths and shaking. The following is a transcript of the third 911 call.

Dispatch: 911 what's your emergency?

Cindy: I called a little bit ago. The deputy sheriff's not here. i found out my granddaughter has been taken. She’s been missing for a month. her mother finally admitted she's been missing.

Dispatch: ok. What’s the address you're calling from?

Cindy: we're talking about a 3 year old little girl. My daughter finally admitted that the babysitter stole her. I need to find her.

Dispatch: your daughter admitted that the baby is where?

Cindy: that the babysitter took her a month ago. That my daughter's been looking for. I told you my daughter was missing for a month. I just found her today. But I can't find my granddaughter. She just admitted to me that she's been trying to find her herself.  There’s something wrong. I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car.

Dispatch: okay. What is the 3 year old's name?

Cindy: Caylee. C-A-Y-L-E-E Anthony.

Dispatch: Caylee Anthony?

Cindy: yes.

Dispatch: okay. is she white, black or Hispanic?

Cindy: she's white.

Dispatch: how long has she been missing for?

Cindy: I have not seen her since the 7th of June.

Dispatch: what is her date of birth?

Cindy: um. 8. 8-9, 2000. Oh god she's 3. She’s 2005. George, Caylee's missing.

George: what?

Cindy: Caylee's missing. Casey says (Zenaida) took her a month ago. (inaudible).

Dispatch: okay. I need. um. I understand. Can you. Can you just calm down for me for just a minute. I need to know what's going on. Okay. I’m gonna try and...

Cindy: (inaudible)

Dispatch: is your, is your daughter there?

Cindy: I’m on the phone with them.

Dispatch: is your daughter there?

Cindy: yes.

Dispatch: can I speak with her? Do you mind if I speak with her? Thank you.

Cindy: I called them two hours ago and they haven't gotten here. Casey finally admitted that (Zenaida) took her a month ago and has been trying to find her.

Dispatch: ma'am, ma'am.

Cindy: it's the orange county sheriff's department. They wanna talk to you. (inaudible) answer their questions.

Casey: hello.

Dispatch: hello.

Casey: yes.

Dispatch: hi. What can you... can you tell me what's going on a little bit?

Casey: I’m sorry?

Dispatch: can you tell me a little bit what's going on?

Casey: my daughter's been missing for the last 31 days.

Dispatch: and you know who has her?

Casey: I know who has her. I’ve tried to contact her. I actually received a phone call today. Now from a number that is no longer in service. I did get to speak to my daughter for about a moment. About a minute.

Dispatch: okay, did you guys call and report a vehicle stolen?

Casey: um. Yes, my mom did.

Dispatch: okay. So is the vehicle stolen too?

Casey: no. this is my vehicle.

Dispatch: what vehicle was stolen?

Casey: um, it's a 98 Pontiac Sunfire.

Dispatch: okay, I have deputies on the way to you right now for that. So now your 3 year old daughter is missing? Caylee Anthony?

Casey: yes.

Dispatch: white female?

Casey: yes. White female.

Dispatch: 3 years old? 8-9-2005 is her date of birth?

Casey: yes.

Dispatch: and you last saw her a month ago?

Casey: 31 days. been 31 days.

Dispatch: who has her? Do you have a name?

Casey: her name is Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales.

Dispatch: who is that? Babysitter?

Casey: she's been my nanny for about a year and a half. Almost two years.

Dispatch: why... why are you calling now? Why didn't you call 31 days ago?

Casey: I’ve been looking for her and have gone through other resources to try to find her, which was stupid.

Dispatch: can you... can you give me the name of the nanny again? Like spell it out for me?

Casey: Zenaida. Z-E-N-A-I-D-A.

Dispatch: last name?

Casey: Fernandez.

Dispatch: Fernandez?

Casey: hyphen Gonzales. I think the officers are here.

Dispatch: the officers are there?

Casey: yes.


As they played the call, Cindy bowed her head down to her podium and cried. Casey forced tears to come out.  As the 911 call is being played one thing is evident. Cindy is a grandmother who was desperate to find Caylee. Casey however, speaks to the operator in a monotone way. As a mother myself, there is no way, God forbid, I would be calm in this situation. Your daughter has been supposedly kidnapped! Why are you not screaming and running around?! Why did you ask Cindy to let you have one more day to try to find Caylee?  Cindy eventually had to ask for a break. Judge gave a 5 minute break.

Then they played the call Casey made to her house from jail asking for her boyfriends phone number. The following is a transcript of that call:

Cindy: Hello?
Recording: hello this is a free call from Casey, an imate from the Orange County Corrections Center. For a rate quote press 7. To accept this free call press 0. This call is subject to monitoring and recording. Thank you for using Global Tell Link. Cindy: Casey?
Casey: Mom. .
Cindy: Hey sweetie.
Casey: Well I just saw your nice little cameo on TV.
Cindy: Which one?
Casey: What do you mean which one?
Cindy: Which one? I did four different ones, and I don’t know, I haven’t seen them all. I’ve only seen one or two so far.
Casey: You don’t know what my involvement is and stuff?
Cindy: Casey.
Casey: Mom.
Cindy: What?
Casey: No.
Cindy: I don’t know what your involvement is, sweetheart. You’re not telling me where she’s at.
Casey: Because I don’t ****ing know where she’s at. Are you kidding me?
Cindy: Casey, don’t waste your call
Casey: No
Cindy: To scream and holler at me.
Casey: What is my call sitting in, oh, the jail. (inaudible)
Cindy: Who’s fault is, who’s fault is you sitting in the jail? You’re blaming me that you’re sitting in the jail? Blame yourself for telling lies.
Casey: It’s not my fault.
Cindy: You mean it’s not your fault? What do you mean it’s not your fault, sweetheart? If you’d have told ‘em the truth, and not lied about everything, they wouldn’t …
Casey: Do me a favor. Just tell me what Tony’s number is. I don’t want to talk with you right now. Forget it.
Cindy: I don’t have his number.
Casey: Um, well get it from Lee because I know Lee’s at the house. I saw Mallory’s car was out front. It was just on the news. They were just live outside the house.
Cindy: I know they were.
Casey: Well
Cindy: Well?
Casey: Can you get Tony’s number for me so I can call him?
(Long Pause)
Cindy: ((in the background) I’m not talking to her. (Inaudible)
Lee: Hey.
Casey: Hey, can you give me Tony’s number?
Lee: I, huh. I can do that. I don’t know what real good it’s going to do you at this point.
Casey: Well I’d like to talk to him anyway.
Lee: OK
Casey: Because I called to my mother and it, it’s a ****ing waste. Oh by the way, I don’t want any of you coming up here when I have my, my first hearing for bond and everything else. Like don’t even ****ing waste your time coming up here.
Lee: You know you’re having a real tough, you’re making it real tough for anybody to want to try to even assist you with giving you somebody’s phone number.
Casey: See that’s just it. Every single ..
Lee: You’re not even letting me finish.
Casey: well that’s because …
Lee: I really…
Casey: Go ahead.
Lee: you’re asking me, first you’re asking me for Tony’s phone number so you can call him. And then you immediately want to start pressing towards me and saying ‘don’t’ even worry about coming up here for all this stuff, and trying to cut us out. What ..
Casey: I’m not trying to cut anybody out.
Lee: I’m not going around and around with you. You know that’s pretty pointless. I’m not going to go through, I’m not going to put everybody else through the same stuff you’ve been putting the police and everybody else though for the last 24 hours, and the stuff you’ve been putting mom through for the last four or five weeks. I’m done with that. So you can tell me what’s going on. Christina would love to talk to you because she thinks that you will tell her what’s going on. Frankly we’re going to find out. Something, whatever’s going on, it’s gonna be found out. So why not do it now and save yourself from this …
Casey: There’s nothing to find out. There’s absolutely nothing to find out. Not even what I told the detectives.
Lee: well, you know, everything you’re telling is a lie.
Casey: I have no clue where Caylee is. If I knew where Caylee was, do you think any of this would be happening? No.
Lee: Anyway, you only got a couple of minutes with us so I’m not going to let you completely waste it. Here’s Christina. She thinks she can get through to you.
Casey: No. No, I want Tony’s number. I’m not talking to anybody else.
Christina: Hello?
Casey: Hi. I’m glad everybody’s at my house. I’ll have to call you later, or I’ll have to call somebody to get your number. Do me a favor. Get my brother back because I need Tony’s number.
Christina: Ok, um, is there anything I can do for you?
Casey: I’m sitting in jail. There’s nothing anybody can do right now.
Christina: Well I’m just trying to be ….
Casey: Oh I know you are honey. I absolutely know that you are, and I appreciate everything that you’re trying to do. But I’d like to call Tony. He’s not at my house, is he?
Christina: No.
Casey: Ok.
Christina: No, it’s just me and your parents and Lee.
Casey: OK. Well can you do me a favor and get my brother back or get the number from him, please?
Christina: Um, does Tony have anything to do with Caylee?
Casey: No. Nothing.
Christina: Ok, so why do you want to talk to Tony?
Casey: I ….
Christina: You probably don’t want to tell me, do you?
Casey: Huh?
Christina: You probably don’t want to tell me, do you?
Casey: What are you, I didn’t hear what you said.
Christina: I said does Tony have anything to do with Caylee?
Casey: No, Tony has nothing to do with Caylee.
Christina: Oh, so why do you want to talk to him? You probably don’t want to tell me.
Casey: Because he’s my boyfriend, and I want to actually try to sit and talk to him because I didn’t get a chance to talk to him earlier. Because I got arrested on a ****ing whim today. Because they’re blaming me for stuff that I never would do. That I didn’t do.
Christina: OK. Well I’m on nobody, I’m on your side. You know that, right?
Casey: Oh honey I know that. I just want to talk to Tony, get a little bit of …
Christina: Casey, you have to tell me if you know anything about Caylee.
Casey: Sweetheart, if I ….
Christina: If anything happens to Caylee, Casey, I’ll die. Do you understand? I’ll die if anything happens to that baby.
Casey: Oh, wow. Oh my god, calling you guys, a waste, huge waste. Honey, I love you. You know I would not let anything happen to my daughter. If I knew where she was, this wouldn’t be going on.
Christina: Well how come everybody’s saying you’re lying?
Casey: Because nobody’s ****ing listening to anything that I’m saying. The media completely misconstrued everything that I said. The ****ing detectives told them ****ing bull****. They got all their information from me. Yet at the same time they’re twisting stuff. They’ve already said they’re going to pin this on me if they don’t find Caylee. They’ve already said that.
Christina: Well…
Casey: They arrested me because they said that ….
Christina: Yeah, because they said that the person that you dropped Caylee with doesn’t even exist.
Casey: Because, oh look, they can’t find her in the Florida database. She’s not just from Florida. If they would actually listen to anything that I would have said to them, they would have had their lead. They maybe could have tracked her down. They haven’t listened to a ****ing thing that I’ve said.
Christina: Do you know that that whoever has Caylee, nobody’s going to get away with this. Nobody.
Casey: I know nobody’s going to get away with it. But at the same time, the only way they’re going to find Caylee is if they actually listen to what I’m saying, and I’m trying to help them, and they’re not letting me help them.
Christina: Well how can I help them find her? The best thing you can do baby is listen to me.
Casey: They need to look up her information in a New York database. In a North Carolina database. Other places that she’s lived outside of Florida. That’s what I told them, even again today. I told them that four times today. I sat up at the police station. Up at the county police station for four hours.
Christina: Is she the one who has Caylee or she’s transferred Caylee to somebody else? Because her name has been.
Casey
: Honey, I haven’t talked to her. I don’t know. I haven’t talked to her.

Christina: How come everybody’s saying that you’re not upset, that you’re not crying, that you showed no emotion, no caring of where Caylee is at all?
Casey
: Because I’m not sitting here ****ing crying every two seconds. Because I have to stay composed to talk to detectives, to make other phone calls, to do other things. I can’t sit here and be crying every two seconds like I want to. I can’t.

Christina: OK. Casey don’t yell at me. I’m on your side.
Casey: I know you’re not.
Christina: Trust me.
Casey: I know you’re on my side. I’m not trying to yell at you.
Christina: Nobody is trying to say anything bad about you. Your family is with you 100 percent.
Casey
: No you’re not. That’s bulls**t. Because I just watched the ****ing news and heard everything that my mom said. Nobody in my own family is on my side.

Christina: Yes they are. Nobody has said…
Casey: They just want Caylee back. That’s all they’re worried about right now is getting Caylee back. And you know what? That’s all I care about right now.
Christina: Casey your daughter, ((Casey in background inaudible)) your brought your baby girl…
Casey: Christina please put my brother back on the phone. I don’t want to get into this with you right now. I love you honey and I’m glad that you’re there, thank you for your help. I will let you know if there is anything that you can do.
Christina: You can’t tell me anybody that can find Caylee? Nobody?
Casey: No. Because every number that I’ve tried, every number that I’ve called is disconnected. Nothing. I can’t get a hold of anybody.
Christina: But that that girl was the last person to have her?
Casey: She was the last person to have her. That was the last time I saw Caylee.
Christina: OK. Umm he doesn’t, Lee say’s he doesn’t have Tony’s phone number.
Casey: Yes he does. He has Tony’s phone number on his phone. He needs to stop f***ing lying. He just told me a second ago that he’d give me the number.
Christina: So if I go and I get you Tony’s number, are you gonna finish talking to me?
Casey: I, I will call you tomorrow. I want to talk to him really quick now. I want to actually close my eyes. I haven’t slept in four days. I have not slept in four days.
Christina: Listen if you’re going to talk to anybody, you can talk to me. And you know that.
Casey: I know I can talk to you. But at the same time, I know I can talk to Tony and that’s who I wanna talk to right now. I haven’t gotten a chance to talk to him since this morning. Since all this stuff happened with trying to set up some myspace. I made the myspace. And the facebook.
Christina: Do you know the password to that myspace?
Casey: I made all of it.
Christina: What’s the password to that myspace so we can see if anybody has written any leads of where Caylee might be?
Casey: You can go online and see it. As far as messages, I don’t know if anybody’s gonna be messaging stuff.
(Casey gives Christina a password and login)
Cindy: Hold on. Hold on one second.
Christina: Hold on one second.
Lee: Hold on one second for me.
Christina: OK, Tony’s number
Casey: Yeah
Christina: You’re ready?
Casey: uh huh
(Christina gives Casey a phone number)
Christina: Can Tony tell me anything?
Casey: Baby, Tony doesn’t know anything. And I haven’t even talked to him since this morning.
Christina: Has Tony seen Caylee?
Casey: Tony hasn’t seen Caylee since the beginning of June. What was the number again?
(Christina gives Casey a number)
Casey: OK thank you. I will find a way to call you back later. Leave your number at my house with my mom. So I can get it and I can either call you later tonight.
Christina: How can I get a hold of you?
Casey: I’m at the jail, you can’t.
Christina: OK, can you do you have a way to write my phone number down.
Casey: No I have no way of writing it down. I have to remember Tony’s number. (repeats number) I have to try to memorize his number right now.
Christina: OK. So.
Casey: No I will. Just leave your number with my mom and I will try to call you in the morning if I don’t get a chance to call you tonight.
Christina: So how can I find out information about that girl?
Casey: Have, have them
Christina: Is she in Florida or?
Casey: Have them look up a New York license for Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. They’ve just been looking up the last name Gonzalez or the last name Fernandez. If they’d looked up her entire name, they might actually find her. They haven’t done that. They haven’t listened to anything that I’ve said.
Christina: How do you spell Zenaida?
Casey: Z-E-N-A-I-D-A
Christina: Fernandez?
Casey: hyphen Gonzalez.
Christina: hyphen Gon, Gonzalez. Where does she live? Because they went and looked at her place
Casey: Cuz she, baby you’re not telling me anything that I don’t already know. Again, I’ve only been in jail since oh about 8:30 tonight. I was with them all day today. I know that. I was with officers pretty much since 9 o’clock last night. Up until today. Like up until this evening when I came up here.
Christina: But you’re telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Cuz they’ll find

Casey: I have no clue where my daughter is? Yeah that is the truth. That is the absolute truth.
Christina: They’ll find out and whoever ha
Casey: OK Christina, I’m hanging up. I need to make this other call before I forget the number. I will call you later.
Christina: OK.
Casey: Bye.

She is upset that her family is concerned with the loss of Caylee and not her being in jail.
Casey looks angrier every time I see her. It's as if she is angry that she has been caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment