Friday, October 14, 2011

Are we heading the wrong way?


So my sister sent me a link of a news story that talks about a YouTube video showing a baby trying to manipulate a magazine like an Ipad.
It wasn't cute! I was bothered by this. I miss the old days when we actually weren't lazy and would turn pages to read. Technology is good but sometimes one misses the good old days. Yes I'm 28 going on 80! I feel old. My children know more about technology than I do. I recently saw a commercial for a childrens reading tablet. It disgusted me. I love going to the bookstore and so do my children. Reading just isn't fun for me if it's not without a book. I don't want to live in a world where books don't exist. I feel like I'm in a scene of Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451. For those who don't know what the book is about, it presents a future American society where reading is outlawed and firemen start fires to burn books. Okay, so reading isn't outlawed here, but we are slowly getting rid of books!
I loved getting Scholastic and Troll pamphlets as a kid and I love them now when my kids get them at school! I love going to Barnes and Nobles and it's a fun family day for us when we go to the bookstore.
Here's the link to the video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aXV-yaFmQNk


This is not cute. This is a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment